Freeze! Family Advent Devo: Wed. December 18


Gather: Around the Advent wreath and bring your nativity nearby. Light two purple candles and one pink candle. Remember that these are the candles of hope, peace and joy.
Read: Psalm 23:  You, Lord, are my shepherd. I will never be in need. You let me rest in fields of green grass. You lead me to streams of peaceful water, and you refresh my life. You are true to your name, and you lead me along the right paths. I may walk through valleys as dark as death, but I won’t be afraid. You are with me, and your shepherd’s rod makes me feel safe. You treat me to a feast, while my enemies watch. You honor me as your
guest, and you fill my cup until it overflows. Your kindness and love will always be with me each day of my life, and I will live forever in your house, Lord.
Do Together: Put the shepherd and sheep in the stable. Bake or make a favorite food together for someone who you want to make sure feels love and care.
Discuss together: The shepherds were not people that many people believed. They couldn’t talk in a court room because they weren’t considered reliable. Yet, it was shepherds that the angels visited and it was shepherds who first heard the news of Jesus’ birth. It was shepherds that told everyone that Jesus was born. When people heard from the shepherds they remembered that God was like a shepherd who makes sure people have everything they need and take care of them. Who takes care of you? Who do you take care of? What do we do to take care of people? How does God take care of us?
Pray Together: Gracious God, thank you for caring for us and making sure we have what we need. Help us to care for others the way you care for us. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts