Lent day 4: treasured

Lent day 4: treasured

Matthew 6:19-21

‘Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.'


So now the lenten rhythm is beginning to feel normal if not comfortable.  It's just the question of time.  These practices take time -- more time than I imagined.  By Friday night -- day 3 only -- I thought I'd need to revise.

And then Jesus speaks. "Your treasure is where your heart is."  It is time.  Where do I spend my most precious treasure -- the moments of my life?  That should be where my heart is.  So why am I struggling with Lent?

Then, I spent the night in the cathedral and time became irrelevant.  Did I walk that labyrinth for a minute, five minutes or an hour?  No, worship isn't over -- it can't be we just began -- please let's sing another song.  I could sit and laugh and listen to these awesome teenagers all night -- don't make it end.


My listening prayer was answered -- I just need to listen more closely.  "Be with me.  Dwell in me.  I'll make the time.  There will be time.  Make the time."

Today, these lenten moments are treasures. Timeless and priceless. Blessed.

Comments

Popular Posts