Today a young man







Why does it keep surprising me that they grow up so fast? 

But wasn’t it just yesterday that we saw in the new millennium?  Now my millennium baby is a young man.

I really have no excuse for the surprise.  His feet have been bigger than mine for a long time.  His legs are longer than his Dad’s and he is taller than most of my friends.






And, he’s been wiser and kinder than anyone I know for years.


I don’t know if I remember his baptism completely, but I remember knowing  that he was God’s beloved and I cried and cried thanking God that he was mine too.






A gift from God.  An artist/creator, lover of life.  Maker of beautiful things -- objects, stories, memories -- who sends them out to share with the world.  Little reminders of God’s saving love for us -- a raft to hold on to in churning waters.

Happy Birthday my beloved young man.



Comments

Popular Posts